Computer Resources for Adults and Teens
Laptop computer use policy
- Laptops will be loaned to Skokie Public Library cardholders of high school age and or older District 219 students in good standing only.
- Laptops will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. They cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- Borrowers must present a valid library card and leave one photo ID with the lab computer assistant. Credit cards will not be accepted as identification.
- Laptops will be lent for a period of up to two hours.
- Laptops must be returned to the patron technology assistant fifteen minutes before the Library closes.
- Laptops are to be used in the Library only. Removal of laptops from the Library will be considered theft.
- The user bears responsibility for damage to the laptop due to neglect, abuse, or loss. Replacement cost for a laptop computer is $1,400.
- Failure to comply with these policies will result in loss of computer borrowing privileges.