Come On In!
...the library is a friendly place for children with special needs
The Come On In! project offers specialized services, programs, and resources for families and for educators who care for children of varying abilities. The Youth Services staff invites and encourages children with special needs to Come On In! and enjoy the library.
Picture Communication Symbol ©1981-2011
by Mayer-Johnson LLC.
All rights reserved worldwide.
Used with permission.
Come On In! began in 2004 with a grant from the Illinois State Library. The program has since been supported by local community members and a 2006 National Organization on Disability Award from the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies.
For more information about Come On In! at Skokie Public Library, please contact Holly Jin at 847.324.3117.
News and media...
- Skokie Review: Skokie Library: Award reflects services for special needs patrons - November 21, 2011
- Interface Web Companion to the Newsletter of the Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies: Come On In! - Volume 28, Number 3, Fall 2006
- Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies: ASCLA National Organization on Disability Award - April 19, 2006
- American Library Association Press Release: Skokie Public Library named recipient of 2006 ASCLA/KLAS/NOD Award - March 14, 2006
- CBS 2 Chicago Special Report by Jim Mullen - February 27, 2006