Homework Help: Math
World Wide Web sites
Does your math homework have you puzzled? Check out the following websites...they just may have what it takes to help you find the answers you need.
The Library also has some very special research tools just for kids. Check out Student Databases for even MORE help with homework, assignments, and projects.
If you still can't find what you're looking for, visit the General Homework Help page for links to websites in all school subject areas, or or try Live Homework Help™ for online help from expert tutors.
Web resource Available with Skokie Public Library card Available in Library only
- A+ Math
- This website is designed to help students improve their math skills using games, flashcards, puzzles, worksheets, and other online activities. The site includes a Homework Helper to check math solutions.
- Live Homework Help
- Children and young adults can log in to Live Homework Help™ to work with a tutor on math homework. Math topics include general math, geometry, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, proofs, formulas, statistics, word problems, standardized test questions, nightly homework, and review of answers. All tutoring sessions are guided by the tutor and last approximately twenty minutes.
- Math Links for Everyone
- This directory of math websites was created by a teacher. Find help with problem solving, data and graphing, geometry, fractions, decimals, and algebra.
- Math.com Homework Help: Basic Math
- Find help and practice exercises for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. The site also has tips and tools for pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and advanced math topics.
- Practical Algebra Lessons from Purplemath
- These online lessons include tips, hints, and examples for pre-, beginning, intermediate, and advanced algebra problem solving.
- Science Online from Facts on File
- Science Online contains scientific information for students in all areas of science. Use this resource to find science experiments, videos, diagrams, articles, and biographies of famous scientists.