Homework Help: Study Tools
World Wide Web sites
This is a good place to start if you're looking for Web searching tips or tools, an online dictionary, or help with a bibliography. These links will take you to some fast-and-easy online resources to help you check spelling, definitions, grammar, and to help you find your way around the World Wide Web.
|Bibliography and citation|
|Dictionary and thesaurus|
|Language translation tools|
- Quick Reference Resources from Skokie Public Library
- Find links to all kinds of reference tools on the Library's Quick Reference web page: converters, dictionaries, grammar help, encyclopedias and almanacs, language resources, quotations and poetry, statistics, and more. Please note: Skokie Public Library staff has selected these resources for use by all visitors to the Library's website. Younger children may need adult supervision and assistance to find, understand, and evaluate content.
- Citation Style for Research Papers
- This website provides information on how to reference Internet sources, guidelines and examples of bibliography styles.
- Need help with the bibliography for your research paper or science project? This free online service is designed to help students learn how to cite research sources and format bibliographies. Select a type of source (such as a book, website, magazine, etc) and media (print, online), and then enter the author, title, publication date, and other information about the source. Click Finish and EasyBib will format the source information into proper bibliography format. Bibliographies can be saved, retrieved, edited, emailed, and printed, too!
- I Did It On the Computer!
- Learn how to use the computer to write an A+ book report! This step-by-step guide covers everything from finding a book to writing an outline to checking your style and spelling. I Did It On the Computer is designed especially for students in fourth through eighth grades.
- This online dictionary, thesaurus, and all-around writing helper includes a language translator and writing resource section.
- Merriam-Webster Online
- A simple online dictionary and thesaurus for students of all ages.
- Babel Fish Translation
- Translate words and web pages between several languages. The site also includes a World Keyboard for typing accented or Cyrillic characters.
- GoogleLanguage Tools
- Use these tools to search for websites that are written in different languages, located in different countries, and to translate words or entire web pages.