from Skokie Public Library's Youth Services Department
Youth Services staff has developed this series of guides to help students, teachers, and parents find resources for school projects and in-depth assignments.
Future editions of the Homework Helper will address other curriculum-related topics. To suggest a topic, please contact Youth Services School Liaison Susan Heist Carlton at 847.324.3144 or by email.
Denotes Homework Helper is available in an online format with links to the Library catalog, research tools, recommended websites, and select artwork. A print version is also available for download (requires Adobe Reader).
- The Age of Exploration: 1450-1700
- This Homework Helper provides sources for papers and research projects about The Age of Exploration and Discovery: 1450-1700. Included are reference books to use in the Library, books to check out, electronic resources, websites, historical fiction books, and a glossary.
- Colonial America: 1587 to 1763
- This Homework Helper provides students with excellent sources for papers and research projects principally on Colonial America from 1587 to 1763. Included are reference books to use in the Library, books to checkout, electronic resources, websites, and historical fiction books. Many of these sources embrace the understanding that the Native Americans lived in the Americas for thousands of years and were instrumental in the survival of the colonies.
- Native American Tribes of North America
- This Homework Helper provides students with sources for researching Native American tribes of North America. The guide includes reference books to use in the Library, books to check out, electronic resources, Web sites, and museums to explore in the Chicago area.